Game Programmer - Skellefteå
Study in Boden, Skellefteå, or Stockholm!
Whether it is gameplay functionality, physics, AI, or tools that you are most interested in specializing for game development, this program will get you into the industry with credibility through hands-on development experience in programming.
- Start working immediately after your graduation.
- Located in Boden, Skellefteå, and Stockholm.
- 2,5 years (5 terms/semesters).
- 30 weeks of internship (LIA).
“Learning by Doing, Learning by Reflection”
Develop core competencies in game and IT development by learning from industry professionals and teachers from leading companies in the industry.
Get access to our creative environment including equipment and relevant software where you grow and build your skills together with talented classmates and senior game developers at Futuregames.
You will actively participate in intensive game projects together with coursemates from our other programs that runs concurrently, such as: Indie Game Developer, Game Designer, Game Artist, and QA/Game Testers, where you will be simulating professional projects to reflect the reality of working in the gaming industry, and prepare for a progressive career in creativity.
We want to forge pragmatic individuals with balanced and broad-perspective mindset, strong ability to work together, leadership skills, and proactive attitude.
The video game industry needs you.
We have close working relationships and are in direct cooperation with the games industry. Some of these companies and studios includes King, Avalanche Studios, Ubisoft, EA DICE, Fatshark, Paradox Interactive, Starbreeze Studios, Glorious Games Group, Uprise, NEAT Corporation, Epic Games, Really Interactive, and the list goes on.
Up in the north of Sweden where our campuses lies in Boden and Skellefteå, we are supported by solid business eco-systems that works with a sustainable model, such as Boden Game Camp and Arctic Game Lab. Boden Game Campis an eco-system for every individual and company to learn, grow, and thrive in Boden. They could be the start or the accelerator for your career in the game industry. Read more about how Boden Game Camp can support your journey here.
Don’t just listen to us, read or download the Game Developer Index 2021 here to get more insights to the games industry in Sweden.
Varför välja Changemaker Educations?
COURSE OVERVIEW –TOTAL 550YHP / 110v
- Game programming with C#, 25YHP / 5v
- 3D mathematics for game development, 20YHP / 4v
- Game project 1, 10YHP / 2v
- Data structures and algorithms in game development, 25YHP / 5v
- Design patterns for game development intelligence in game production, 15YHP / 3v
- Development tools in game projects, 10YHP / 2v
- Game project 2, 20YHP / 4v
- Game programming with C++, 50YHP / 10v
- Game project 3, 35YHP / 7v
- Game physics, 15YHP / 3v
- Game project 4, 20YHP / 4v
- Artificial intelligence in game production, 20YHP / 4v
- 3D and shader programming, 15YHP / 3v
- Computer technology for game development, 20YHP / 4v
- Network programming for games, 20YHP / 4v
- Market Analysis, CV and Portfolio, 15YHP / 3v
- Industry preparatory game programming, 15YHP / 3v
- Degree project, 50YHP / 10v
- Internship in game development (LIA), 150YHP / 30v
Lärande i Arbete (LIA)
- Program games in C++
- Program games in C#
- Be able to identify the unique methods to program efficiently in modern game productions
- Implement common algorithms used in game programming
- Use Unreal Engine 4/5 engine for game programming
- Use the Unity engine for game programming
- Create and implement scripts for game production
- Create server/client solutions for games
- Create a multiplayer game with several clients
- Evaluate computer code for efficiency and readability
- Program games in a structured and qualitative manner
- Create and apply entertaining AI systems
- Customize game development based on experience of common problem areas
- Produce customized GUI and applications for game developers
- Render advanced 3D graphics
- Work independently and in a team with planning, development and production of games
- Gameplay Programmer
- Tools Programmer
- AI Programmer
Så ansöker du
REQUIREMENTS TO APPLY
- Grades or proof of post graduate qualifications from upper secondary school/high school or equivalent.
- CV and a personal letter (letting us know why you have chosen the specific program).
- English 6 from upper secondary school/high school or proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Mathematics 2 from upper secondary school/high school or proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Programming 1 from upper secondary school/high school or proof of equivalent knowledge.
- Work Sample (read “How To Apply” section below for instructions).
01 February: Applications to fall term 2022 is open.
03 May: Deadline for applications.
Need your questions answered? Register for our and speak to us directly.
Information required to complete your application
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Documentation for special prerequisites.
- CV and personal letter.
- Work sample (more information below).
- Possible certificates and other grading documents.
When you apply, you will need to state the desired location where you wish to study. The Game Programmer education is offered in Stockholm, Boden, and Skellefteå .
Please note that your CV, personal letter, and work sample(s) are all required to be written in English.
If we receive more applications than we have seats, we will assess applications by the score in their work samples.
The applicants with the highest score, regardless of location, will be offered a seat to the program, and other eligible applicants will be in our wait list.
You will receive an offer letter via our admission system around early July 2022.
You will then need to confirm your acceptance within seven (7) days to keep your seat or reserve status.
If the school does not receive your confirmation within seven (7) days, we will automatically offer it to the next applicant on our wait list.
Work Sample for Game Programmer application
What to submit?
How and what you choose to showcase in your work sample can vary, the important element to remember is the relevance of it to what a game programmer does.
It can be a small game you have developed, a system, or one or multiple algorithms.
You can showcase your work via text and code snippets, images, and a short video (max three minutes) of your work.
Please know that we will not have time to play anything so no need to include a build or project.
Describing your work, it is important to explain in detail about the process of creating your work, the reasoning behind it, your challenges and difficulties, where did you have to re-think or adapt, why you chose the solution you did, and if possible what strengths and weaknesses it might have.
We need to see how much time you have invested into your future career, and if Futuregames is a good fit for you and your development.
You can apply with a previous team project, but please specify in detail in which you have contributed to the project.
- Maximum ten (10) pages.
- Name the file [firstname_surname.pdf].
You need to hand in a PDF, 10 pages max long. It must be written in English and be named with your first and last name. You are free to use any layout of the document as you please.
Is prior tech knowledge mandatory?
The game programming program consists of students from diverse backgrounds and experiences, it is an enormous opportunity as you can all learn from and, inspire each other in your professional journey into the games industry.
We welcome people from all levels of experience, and some basic and programming skills is a MUST. Most importantly is your intention, that you have started looking into how to make games or how to program.
Futuregames will assess your work sample in the 3 following areas:
- Visualization ability – assesses the artistical ability to express oneself through illustrations and texts.
- Technical ability – assesses proficiency of utilization of the machine as tool.
- Industry relevance – assesses the relevance of the presented content towards the games industry and game development.
Changemaker Educations identifierar arbetsmarknadens framtida behov av kompetenser och förmågor. De designar innovativa och effektfulla utbildningar. De kompetensutvecklar dagens och morgondagens ledare, medarbetare och entreprenörer. De ger dem verktygen att forma framtiden. De har funnits i över 20 år och...
För att få mer information om utbildningen Game Programmer - Skellefteå från Changemaker Educations, fyll i följande uppgifter:
Det finns ännu inga recensioner för utbildningen.
Du kanske också är intresserad av: